Test Id: 3251, Q 17

Enter "Paper ID, Question Number" in subject line for query! Start a new thread for every question.

Moderator: CS Moderators Team

Test Id: 3251, Q 17

Postby abhay1991 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:04 pm

The question is about what is best sort of shrinkage compensation for casting?

The given answer is using slightly over sized molds. I think using a properly placed riser should be a better method since it gives the desired size to casting with more accuracy.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:49 pm
My College/Company:: SVMIT, Bharuch
Roll Number: 37135014

Re: Test Id: 3251, Q 17

Postby harshaditya2003 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 am

I think oversized moulds is a good answer. The metal when contracting reaches the size that is required of it. Additionally, making larger moulds is not costly at all.
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 am
My College/Company:: UIET, KUK
Roll Number: 19135031

Re: Test Id: 3251, Q 17

Postby himansh56 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:42 pm

riser is used for solidifiaction compensation of liquid metal,...not for shrinkage purpose.....
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 pm
My College/Company:: nitk surathkal
Roll Number: 64135022

Return to ME Paper Question

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest