why TGs score is so low

Enter "Paper ID, Question Number" in subject line for query! Start a new thread for every question.

Moderators: karthrags, arun_kumar, CS Moderators Team

Re: why TGs score is so low

Postby amitmandal03 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:54 pm

deepthiP wrote:
true!!
how can recheck??
did u even get time in TGs to recheck ??
and how to select problems to recheck??

see. this is why i am worried ! i didn't get time to recheck for tarGATE papers though direct questions were asked , how will i manage in actual GATE paper :( moreover have a look of last 10 year GATE papers for "common data questions" and "linked answer questions" and compare these sections with 12 papers of targate.. [did you notice the difference in difficulty level and time consumed for solving such problems]
~Amit
User avatar
amitmandal03
Gatementor Guru
Gatementor Guru
 
Posts: 1539
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 pm
Currently what are you doing?: Am Studying
My College/Company:: GATE
Roll Number: 0
City: Bangalore

Re: why TGs score is so low

Postby deepthiP » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:59 pm

amitmandal03 wrote:
deepthiP wrote:
true!!
how can recheck??
did u even get time in TGs to recheck ??
and how to select problems to recheck??

see. this is why i am worried ! i didn't get time to recheck for tarGATE papers though direct questions were asked , how will i manage in actual GATE paper :( moreover have a look of last 10 year GATE papers for "common data questions" and "linked answer questions" and compare these sections with 12 papers of targate.. [did you notice the difference in difficulty level and time consumed for solving such problems]


naa..differs a lot!
m doing -ve marking becoz m not rechecking!
in TG12 . i was considering my left hand as right and did wrong answer LOL.
deepthiP
Gatementor Guru
Gatementor Guru
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:02 pm
Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: IIT
Roll Number: 99999999

Re: why TGs score is so low

Postby nikhilbhr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:32 am

amitmandal03 wrote:
deepthiP wrote:
true!!
how can recheck??
did u even get time in TGs to recheck ??
and how to select problems to recheck??

see. this is why i am worried ! i didn't get time to recheck for tarGATE papers though direct questions were asked , how will i manage in actual GATE paper :( moreover have a look of last 10 year GATE papers for "common data questions" and "linked answer questions" and compare these sections with 12 papers of targate.. [did you notice the difference in difficulty level and time consumed for solving such problems]

as per my experience rechecking is not possible. I can give few more seconds to question but cant come back to each and every question. And it also depends on question paper if u can solve it within 2 hrs u will get enough time to recheck. :p
User avatar
nikhilbhr
Gatementor Guru
Gatementor Guru
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:29 pm
Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: IITK 2013-2015
Roll Number: 12546433
Packages: Test Series (TS)
City: ngp

Re: why TGs score is so low

Postby moiezg123 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 am

Exactly. If one is able to solve almost all questions within 2 hrs[60-70 marks at least], then I think there'd be enough time for rechecking, and probably attempting a few more if time permits. But chances of this in a real GATE paper seem bleak, if not 'null'. I committed this very blunder of not rechecking the answers and paid a very heavy price for it. So the first target should be to ensure that at least 60 marks are 'in the kitty' before proceeding to attempt any more questions. Hope everything goes fine with everyone in the exam. :)
Isn't she pretty, this lass? :D:P
User avatar
moiezg123
Gatementor Guru
Gatementor Guru
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 pm
Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: TCS
Roll Number: 111111
Packages: Previous Student
City: Gurgaon

Re: why TGs score is so low

Postby nikhilbhr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:51 pm

moiezg123 wrote:Exactly. If one is able to solve almost all questions within 2 hrs[60-70 marks at least], then I think there'd be enough time for rechecking, and probably attempting a few more if time permits. But chances of this in a real GATE paper seem bleak, if not 'null'. I committed this very blunder of not rechecking the answers and paid a very heavy price for it. So the first target should be to ensure that at least 60 marks are 'in the kitty' before proceeding to attempt any more questions. Hope everything goes fine with everyone in the exam. :)

very true. and i think bar of 60-70 depends on paper if its gate12 or gate 06.... if its gate06 i will stop around 50(if i could)
User avatar
nikhilbhr
Gatementor Guru
Gatementor Guru
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:29 pm
Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: IITK 2013-2015
Roll Number: 12546433
Packages: Test Series (TS)
City: ngp

Re: why TGs score is so low

Postby amitmandal03 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:13 pm

this is first time , i am going through any practice papers organised by an institute.. but still in TARGATE exams, 70% are direct questions which can be solved easily and within very less time if are aware of formulas ..my point is "Targate is asking direct questions based on formulas but in GATE we have to first crack the question, understand the logic and then apply formulas" Cracking the question is main part where we lack skills.[do you agree] i was quite confident after going through these papers but when i started solving GATE papers , it was like ":O " its not easy to complete the paper within time also, forget about revision [i don't know how people suggest to cross check all marked options before bubbling ]

i guess , now these statements are justified !

[ Targate papers don't deserve to be compared with GATE papers :( ]
~Amit
User avatar
amitmandal03
Gatementor Guru
Gatementor Guru
 
Posts: 1539
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 pm
Currently what are you doing?: Am Studying
My College/Company:: GATE
Roll Number: 0
City: Bangalore

Re: why TGs score is so low

Postby HolmesSherlock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:44 am

amitmandal03 wrote:
i guess , now these statements are justified !

[ Targate papers don't deserve to be compared with GATE papers :( ]

I raised this concern in an earlier thread also.
http://team.reboot.pro
http://tech.reboot.pro/forumdisplay.php?fid=56
http://reboot.pro/12373
http://goo.gl/SovWU
HolmesSherlock
Gatementor Regular
Gatementor Regular
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 pm
Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: ISRO
Roll Number: 0
Packages: Test Series (TS)

Previous

Return to CS Paper Question

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
cron