Rules for posting in "For Enrolled Students" Section

Rules for posting in "For Enrolled Students" Section

Postby Administrator » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi,

For Your Information, the "Gateforum - For Enrolled Students!" - viewforum.php?f=10
is being converted to paid section.

To post in this section:
1. You need to be our enrolled student.
2. You need to register in this discussion forum by going to ucp.php?mode=register
Update your profile with Roll No., package, information about your college, what you are doing etc. Please be concise. We do not expect essays.
3. After completing registration, you need to request access to 'Enrolled Students' Group
by going to your control panel (link at top right once you login), and then going to Usergroups and selecting 'Enrolled Student' and clicking submit
4. We will check whether you have updated your profile with your Roll No. and College details to upgrade you to an 'Enrolled Student'.

What you can and what you should not post in this section?

Answers to questions cannot be always guaranteed because of the vastness of the topics concerned. If you are clear about the question, we in most probability, should be able to give you an answer.

1. The questions will be answered only if they are point blank questions such as :
What is a+b+c where a=#, b=$, c=* etc.
2. The questions should be straight forward and easy to understand. If possible, do include some possible answer options.
3. Subjective questions are less likely to be answered. e.g. "What is Theory of Computation?" may not garner any replies. Use "Springboard" or other dedicated forums for these kind of queries.
4. If possible, please include how you worked out your solution. Alternatively, what is it exactly that you are not able to even start to work out a solution. If it is not possible to type it, scan it and post a screenshot.
5. Please do not post career oriented questions such as "What should I do after my BTech" etc. Please do not post "Which IIT/ Which specialization is better etc." because these are subjective questions, best discussed in other forums.
6. Questions regarding syllabus, question structure etc. are best answered in other forums.
7. The questions should not be very elementary. Try to garner some knowledge about a section before you feel confident of asking a question.
8. If you feel you know the answer to a question posted by anone else, please go ahead and post your answer. Our moderators can definitely come in later and give in their inputs when they feel necessary.
9. Feedbacks to eTutor can be posted here. Post with complete details as to the stream (CS/EC/etc), lesson number, lesson name and the timeframe of the video where you are getting errors/garbling of noise/interference etc.

If you are an enrolled student that does not mean you have to be restricted to that section only. We encourage you to actively participate in all the discussions.

Many of the 'moderators' of this forum are usually promoted members, who, like you, joined a few months back. Please do not pester them with personal messages. Try and discuss questions in the forum itself.

Thanks and regards,

Administrator
Administrator
Site Admin

How to Post.. continued

Postby Administrator » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Please go to http://www.gatementor.com

Click on ‘Register’ link at the top right, and fill in the resulting information.
Please fill in correct information including your Gateforum Roll Number and Package enrolled for. Unless this part of the profile is complete, we will not be able to activate your Gatementor ID for Doubt Clearance Access.

If an email is sent to you at your email ID provided, please click on the ‘Activation Link’ provided to activate your username.

At the website, on Index Page you will find the section – “For Enrolled Students”
This is the section where you can post your doubts etc. Please go through the forum rules before posting.

To post, after completing registration, you need to request access to 'Enrolled Students' Group by going to your control panel (link at top right once you login), and then going to Usergroups and selecting 'Enrolled Student' and clicking submit
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: How to Post.. continued

Postby krunalmodi » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:09 pm

Administrator wrote:To post, you will have to request membership to our Legend Group – Enrolled Students. The link for the same is :
http://gatementor.com/memberlist.php?mode=group&g=14

Chandan,
This link is saying "You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles" even if I have logged in.

Also, two days back without login also I was able to see active topics and now, authentication is must.
After login, previously I was able to see the profiles through last post column. now, that is disabled.
krunalmodi
Gatementor Regular
Gatementor Regular

Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: tejts
Roll Number: 0

Re: Rules for posting in "For Enrolled Students" Section

Postby Administrator » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks Krunal,

Our mistake. I have edited the post and marked the changed content in RED.
Administrator
Site Admin

Return to General Rules and Regulations!