Great confusion for gate! please help.

Discuss GATE 2008 here

Great confusion for gate! please help.

Postby him0045 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Please help me as i want to clear these doubts?

1.If i have done my graduation in suppose ECE can i give gate in any other subject like mathematics or physics.

2.And then will it matter afterward for the colleges i need to take admission to after i clear gate in any way if i go for some other subject (like other than the gate or the graduation one).

3.And if i clear the gate, can i take admission to a college with my desired subject suppose computer science, irrespective of my previous subject choosen in the gate or my graduation specialization.

I am asking this as at the of time filling form after gate paper for various colleges they ask your gate score only and not that which subject was choosen for the gate paper. so please clarify it would be so helpful.
him0045

My College/Company:: NIEC
Roll Number: 0

Re: Great confusion for gate! please help.

Postby varun.s.murthy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:40 pm

him0045 wrote:If i have done my graduation in suppose ECE can i give gate in any other subject like mathematics or physics.

Yes you can.The responsibility of choosing the GATE subject lies with you.

him0045 wrote:And then will it matter afterward for the colleges i need to take admission to after i clear gate in any way if i go for some other subject (like other than the gate or the graduation one).

Usually the course you will take up for ur grad will have certain pre requisites (such as Graduation must have been from a particular brance and the GATE paper must have been a particular one)..so,for instance if your undergrad brance is ECE and you write ur GATE in CS ,it will be close to impossible to do ur grad in Thermodynamics..I dont know If i got this query right..

him0045 wrote:And if i clear the gate, can i take admission to a college with my desired subject suppose computer science, irrespective of my previous subject choosen in the gate or my graduation specialization.

I guess the previous response answers this query as well..

him0045 wrote:I am asking this as at the of time filling form after gate paper for various colleges they ask your gate score only and not that which subject was choosen for the gate paper

Wrong notion.
varun.s.murthy
Gatementor Newbie
Gatementor Newbie

Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: PESIT / Cisco
Roll Number: 621010
Packages: Correspondence+Test Series
City: Bangalore

Postby him0045 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Thank You very much as it has solved much of my doubt.
him0045

My College/Company:: NIEC
Roll Number: 0

Postby varun.s.murthy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:44 pm

No problem. Glad I could help.
varun.s.murthy
Gatementor Newbie
Gatementor Newbie

Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: PESIT / Cisco
Roll Number: 621010
Packages: Correspondence+Test Series
City: Bangalore

Return to Discuss GATE 2008