doubt......

Discuss GATE 2008 here

doubt......

Postby Ananth V » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:49 pm

at what stage during my prep would it be advisable to freak out if i wasnt able to answer the prev paper's questions properly??? :)
i mean i heard some saying that it would be really necessary to finish the whole syllabus once by december...... how true is it???
i know these are kinda silly to ask.... :) but still.... anyone??
Ananth V

My College/Company:: Dsce
Roll Number: 622017
Packages: Others
City: Bengaluru

Re: doubt......

Postby Ananth V » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:53 pm

and btw is it okay to just stick to the syllabus??? have questions come that are related to topics not mentioned...?? 2 doubts.... :)
Ananth V

Postby karthrags » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:28 pm

AIR 1 in GATE typically scores 90(minimum) to 120 (maximum). i cannot give you the exact values, but the point to take here is that NOBODY can solve the ENTIRE paper. for one, all will have two or three silly mistakes. everybody will have an Achilles' Heel, and GATE's job is to expose them all :D don't worry about 100 percentage. worry about 100 percentile, that is, getting ALL that you attempt right. 100% accuracy is much more important, and its imperative that you get this clearly.

stick to syllabus. you can be assured that at least 90% of the paper will be within it (even 100%??). max out this 90% before you start worrying about the remaining 10 :)

hey, its not enough to just put in hard work. intelligent hard work is needed. strategize well :)
Karthik Raghavan
http://karthrags.wordpress.com

Is this a Digital Signature?
karthrags

Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: NVIDIA Grpahics
Roll Number: 562506
City: Chennai

Postby Ananth V » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 pm

achilles heel ha?? :) nice.... :) thanks da..... those words were kinda relaxing..... anyway will do my work... will leave the rest to the wise guy above..... :)
Ananth V

Postby karthrags » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:13 am

"the wise guy above" refers to me, the wise guy who posted above yours right?? ;) :lol:

and a word of caution - if you are aiming to be at the top, you will be competing against naturally brilliant people who work hard ALSO. that's a deadly combination. don't take it lightly.. and some waste one year, sit at home and study for 10 hours a day, for months together. they are also in the competition space.. GATE is tough, and maybe a bit unfair too :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curiosity_quotient - check this out.. almost all of us will go through a period of "am i good enough?". this article might help..
Karthik Raghavan
http://karthrags.wordpress.com

Is this a Digital Signature?
karthrags

Currently what are you doing?: Am Working
My College/Company:: NVIDIA Grpahics
Roll Number: 562506
City: Chennai

Postby Ananth V » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:43 pm

well... mine should have read "thanks to the wise guy who wrote above and some work for the wiser guy above all of us...... " :) hehe...... and also thanks for the link da..... was really helpful..... and ya of course can never take GATE lightly...... NEVER..... :)
Ananth V

Return to Discuss GATE 2008