B.E Score

Eligibility for GATE Exam

B.E Score

Postby Spratham » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:05 am

Hello,

I am not expecting my B.E (IT) aggregate to exceed 55%.

• Should I still take the GATE?
  • If I do take the test, which institutes will accept my GATE score?
  • Do all IITs require a B.E score of more than 60%?
  • If I won't be eligible for any institute, what options (regarding higher studies) do I have?

Thank you for your time.
Spratham

My College/Company:: ­
Roll Number: 0

Re: B.E Score

Postby Gandherva » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Well, All most all IITs ask for a minimum of 60%(55% for SC/ST) in undergraduation and so if you get less than 55% you won't be eligible for it.

But you can try your level best and increase your score if you are in the final year, well they other options which i can suggest is that, you can go for job for a few years and then later you can do MBA with your job experience
Gandherva

My College/Company:: Cognizant technology

Postby Spratham » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Thank you for your time. I appreciate your reply.
Gandherva wrote:Well, All most all IITs ask for a minimum of 60%(55% for SC/ST) in undergraduation and so if you get less than 55% you won't be eligible for it.
Can you mention the institutes that do not require the minimum 60% in B.E?
Gandherva wrote:But you can try your level best and increase your score if you are in the final year, well they other options which i can suggest is that, you can go for job for a few years and then later you can do MBA with your job experience
I am only interested in higher studies in the technical field (CS/IT). I am taking the GRE. Any other suggestions?
Spratham

Postby jitendra » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 pm

IISc and IIT KGP do not have 60% criteria. You can check on their site.

All the best.
JK
GateForum
Kolkata
jitendra

Postby Spratham » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Thank you for your time.

jitendra wrote:IISc and IIT KGP do not have 60% criteria. You can check on their site.
Are these the only institutes? I have checked the websites of many colleges, and I think many of them have ambiguous information about eligibilty.
IISC Website wrote:The minimum requirement for admission to course programmes-ME/M Tech/M Des is a SECOND CLASS and for M.Mgt a FIRST CLASS (as declared by the University) or an equivalent grade in the qualifying examination as indicated against each department. Refer to Sections 2.3 - 2.5 for more details.
Which qualifying exams are they referring to (Link)? Cause if B.E is one of them, I am not going to be in the 'second class'. Please help.
Spratham

Postby anurag231 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Gandherva wrote:Well, All most all IITs ask for a minimum of 60%(55% for SC/ST) in undergraduation and so if you get less than 55% you won't be eligible for it.

But you can try your level best and increase your score if you are in the final year, well they other options which i can suggest is that, you can go for job for a few years and then later you can do MBA with your job experience

Mr. Gandherva
Please Get your Facts corrected!!!
IIT Madras doesn't require 60% . They ask for a PASS GRADE in your B.Tech/B.E.. YOU CAN VISIT THEIR WEBSITE TO FIND THE PROFF of my claim.!!!!!! Also IISc Bangalore requires a SECOND CLASS(they haven't mentioned about the percentage criteria though) VTU(Karnataka) awards SECOND CLASS to any one scoring between 35-60% also GAUHATI UNIVERSITY(in ASSAM) awards below 65% as SECOND CLASS. So not sure about people qualifying from these UNIVERSITIES!!
anurag231

My College/Company:: VTU

Postby anurag231 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:12 pm

Spratham wrote:Hello,

I am not expecting my B.E (IT) aggregate to exceed 55%.

• Should I still take the GATE?
  • If I do take the test, which institutes will accept my GATE score?
  • Do all IITs require a B.E score of more than 60%?
  • If I won't be eligible for any institute, what options (regarding higher studies) do I have?

Thank you for your time.

IIT Madras doesn't have any percentage criteria.!!!!! Chase your dreams. !!! Remember your percentage (55% as u mentioned) is way above Mr. Albert Einstein , Thomas Alva Edision, Michael Faraday, Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates.!!!!! So just screw this % cut-off system(which I basically feel is encouraging nerds who can parrot write rather than encouraging free minds) !!!!!
All the Best!!!!!!
anurag231

My College/Company:: VTU

Postby pitbuljain » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:00 pm

Some institutions have follow criteria and some are not. You can try these types of college there has no criteria.
http://shop.nodia.co.in/
pitbuljain

My College/Company:: nodia publication
Roll Number: 22345678

Return to Eligibility