Why JK flip flops?

Boolean algebra, minimization of Boolean functions; logic gates; digital IC families (DTL, TTL, ECL, MOS, CMOS). Combinatorial circuits: arithmetic circuits, code converters, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs. Sequential circuits: latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers. Sample and hold circuits, ADCs, DACs. Semiconductor memories. Microprocessor(8085): architecture, programming, memory and I/O interfacing.

Why JK flip flops?

Postby EC NAVNEET » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:46 am

Please , if anyone can answer to my these 3 questions :-

1.Why JK flip-flops are called Jump to kill ffs?
2.What is special in referring "solid state switching devices(eg.JFET etc.)" afterall we all know that these are ofcourse in a "solid state"?
3.How the physical size of inductors or capacitors depend on the frequency at which they operate ?

Thanking You in advance ............
EC NAVNEET

Currently what are you doing?: Am Studying
My College/Company:: CCS
Roll Number: 0

Re: Why JK flip flops?

Postby newhere_andy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:18 pm

1. I'm taking a guess.. it's probably with every jump (every clock rise / fall) the previous state is changed.. (killed) when J and K are 1.. the toggle function.. which is different from the Set Reset Flip flop.

2. Solid State devices... I think this was historically significant in thatp prior to this we had electroncs travelling in vaccuum tubes .. where as these solid state devices have electrons flowing through solid medium.. (does anyone know of another explanation? ) refer Banerjee and Streetman.. they might have an explanation in the preface / foreword..

3. Physical size of capacitors and inductors decides the capacitances and inductances.. the bigger the more.. hence their frequency response depends on the size..
------------------
Andronicus!

If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.

C S Lewis
newhere_andy

Currently what are you doing?: Am Studying
My College/Company:: IITD
Roll Number: 521022
City: Bangalore/Delhi

Postby priyankakataria » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:56 pm

ia also need the answer
priyankakataria

My College/Company:: DCE,GGN
Roll Number: 691082

Postby renuviolet » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am

u can get ece materials prepared by IIT alumins...

http://www.btechguru.com/pro_one
renuviolet

My College/Company:: iit madras
Roll Number: 99999

Postby mohitrobo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 pm

for notes on digital electronics go to
http://gatedigitalnotes.blogspot.in/
mohitrobo

My College/Company:: gju
Roll Number: 9999999

Return to Digital circuits